Want to build a life and business around doing what you love? Me too. Let’s connect.
How many of us get overwhelmed with all the health advice we hear on a daily basis?
Yes, me too.
But that doesn’t mean we need to tune it out.
In fact, it means we have never had better information available to us about how to take care of our bodies and minds.
I recently got to meet the Editor in Chief of Mens Health Magazine, Bill Phillips (the largest mens magazine in the world).
I immediately connected with him and knew I had to get him on The School of Greatness.
In our conversation we do a deep dive into the issues surrounding men’s health in today’s world and how to simplify taking care of your body.
Bill has an amazing ability to comprehend all the complex ideas, issues, and messages coming at us and pull out the most important ones.
He gives solid advice any man should take (or woman for her man) and also discusses his career leap from editing in the tech side of magazines to the health industry.
One of the most powerful stories he tells is of his own father’s premature death due to stroke and how he has taken measures in his life to protect himself.
Listen up to this powerful conversation about the simple steps we all can take to care for our bodies in Episode 184 with Bill Phillips.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- How did you get picked to be the managing editor of Mens Health coming from Popular Science?
- What has been your key to maintaining growth through the years with the magazine?
- What are the biggest killers for men?
- How important is family history in understanding your health risks?
- Do you recommend trying home remedies first or going straight to the doctor?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why men’s health has never been more relevant than now
- The importance of having a primary care physician (and actually seeing him regularly)
- The story of his father’s premature death in motivating Bill to stay healthy and learn more about health
- Why you should stay on top of your medical tests and how to keep a positive mindset about them
- How to talk to your doctor about anything going on with your body (they’ve already heard it all)
- The “ladder to leanness” – taking small steps to improve your health
- Why he and his wife made a “no cell phone in the bedroom” rule
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
- The Better Man Project: 2,476 tips and techniques that will flatten your belly, sharpen your mind, and keep you healthy and happy for life!
- Mens Health
- Noah Galloway
- “Hunting My Father’s Killer“
- FOLLOW BILL
- Check out Onnit and their optimal performance products. Use the code “greatness” to get 10% off your next order:
- Text GREATNESS to 38470 to get on the early bird preview email list – awesome stuff coming soon! (Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are international)
- Music Credit: M83 – Oblivion (Extan Remix) by Extan
You may also like these episodes:
- Bob Harper: Host of the Biggest Loser Discusses Habits and Success
- How to Get the Maximum Performance Out of Your Body (When You Run, Eat, and Live)
- How to Be a Man in Today’s World (and What Women Can Do to Support Them)
Did you enjoy the podcast?
Bill is an awesome example of taking care of yourself and being a leader. What are you going to change in your health routine after listening to him?