Little known fact about me (unless you’re a long time listener of the The School of Greatness):
My favorite TV show is Glee and I would absolutely love to be on it one day (if I could sing).
I am blown away by the musical talent on that show, as well as the dancing and overall performance.
I come from an insanely musically gifted family and I’m the athlete.
Most people wouldn’t peg me as a Gleek, but it was no surprise to me that when I met Todrick Hall, from American Idol and MTV fame, I felt like we were brothers from another mother.
Todrick is one of those insanely gifted guys as well. He has performed on Broadway, was on Season 9 of American Idol, got signed by Scooter Braun from a video he posted on YouTube, and now has his own show on MTV.
You could say that Todrick is talented.
But you can also say that Todrick is humble, down to earth, joyful, and has a big vision for what he wants to do with his talent.
It was so fun for me to hear his stories about starting out with his first job at Disney World to getting on Broadway (his first time ever setting foot in NYC), to where he is now.
I even got him to sing a song on the podcast.
No matter if you’re into music (and Glee) or not, Todrick’s story and energy will inspire you that anything is possible with the right attitude and effort.
Get ready for a lot of laughter and an exclusive mini-concert in Episode 240 with Todrick Hall.
The School of Greatness Podcast
Some questions I ask:
- When did you realize you had big talent in music?
- What were the biggest lessons you learned from American Idol versus Broadway?
- Do you think anything would have been different for you on American Idol if you had been able to express yourself authentically?
- What doors have opened for you since getting Scooter as your manager?
- What is your process before a big moment on a performance?
- What keeps you grounded?
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The story of Todrick’s first job in music at Disney World (his dream came true)
- Why his first Broadway audition was a hugely spiritual experience
- The psychological effects of being on a reality TV competition show
- How Todrick caught Scooter Braun’s attention and got signed by him
- Todrick’s dream role in a show (he even offered me a spot in it)
- Plus much more…
Continue Seeking Greatness:
HAVE YOU ORDERED YOUR COPY OF THE BOOK YET? VISIT HTTP://GREATNESSBOOK.COM TO SEE THE BONUSES!
WILL I SEE YOU ON THE BOOK TOUR? YES PLEASE! HTTP://LEWISHOWES.COM/EVENTS
- Music Credit: Interstellar Rush by From the Dust
You may also like these episodes:
- Influence, Impact, and Legacy: Inside the Mind of Music Legend Scooter Braun
- Jon Chu on Directing in Hollywood, Creative Storytelling, and Chasing Your Dreams
- Julianne Hough on Finding Your Passion and Following Your Purpose
Did you enjoy the podcast?
I love Todrick’s talent and heart and was so glad he sang on the show! Are you a fan of Todrick? If so, what is your favorite performance of his?
The post Todrick Hall: From Broadway to MTV, Making Your Dreams a Reality appeared first on Lewis Howes.